Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Trip To New York②

I landed at JFK air port in 10am in Eastern Standard Time. If the plane landed on time, I was going to visit to The Statue of Liberty. That’s because it’s so popular place for tourists that many people may line up to board the vessel to the island located the statue, so it’s better to go there to line up in earlier. I visited there in the second day, so it’s ok. I’ll write about it later on. My friend and I framed our visit plan again while we were on the plane and had decided to visit Ground Zero instead of it. Ground Zero is the place in which World Trade Center stood once as you know. That’s the one of the places I really wanted to visit in NY because it’s historically important place. After I left the plane, I took the train to the subway station to move to the downtown. As soon as I went to outside, my skin felt cold, as if my skin was stuck. After a while, the train came in. I have an image that the subway train of NY is silver and has uneven surfaces. What I saw was the image. My fried said “many scribbles on the surfaces” but it had few, not many. My first impression of the inside was that there are many black people. On the way to the downtown, many people got in, and I saw many black though I also saw white. The difference from SF was that I didn’t see any Asian American. It was obvious that NYC has more black people than SF does. I got off at the transfer station, and took the train to the site of WTC. The site was located at just right side, across a road, of the stair to the ground. The site was under construction that the skyscraper called Freedom Tower is going to be built, and some people who seem tourists were around there. As my impression, I thought it’s very scary that terrorism happened in such a center of a city. I’m sorry for the people who died because of the incident. After I saw the information board about the site, I circled the site. The angles, I saw on the way around, to the site were different. The next visit place was Broadway.

12 comments:

sally said...

Have a nice trip!!

Kana said...

Sounds fun!

mickey said...

Did you enjoy the Statue of Libety?
I want know aboutBroadway!! I'm looking forward to watch next your blog!!

yasu said...

If I go to New York, I'll want to see the Statue of Liberty.

Naoko said...

Hi again, Masa!
It's very interesting to see your impression about NYC!! I have an experience to stay there for three months in 2005. When I arrived there in the beginning of March, snow storm welcomed me with its open arms!! It was soooooooo cold!

Look forward to other stories in NY!!

Nancy said...

I want to go to New York☆☆
Please enjoy your trip!!

belle said...

I've never been to New York.I wish I ware you...!!!

ya-chan said...

Hi,Masa! How are you?
I read your blog so I wantet to go to N.Y.;) I'm look forward to see your other sroties! Have a nice tirp☆

Rin said...

Hi! Masa.
I wanna trip to New York too.
Did you enjoy?

If I go to New York I wanna eat something foods!
Please tell me your favorite food in New York.

Masa said...

Hi, mickey.
I enjoyed it. I want to write about it later on.

Masa said...

Hi, naoko. Good to see you.
I envy you because I like snow. It’s great experience to have a snow in NY.

Masa said...

Hi, rin.
I had great time in there. My favorite food was sea food in Bubba Gump Shrimp which is American famous seafood restaurant, hamburger and pizza. I ate great fish at the restaurant. The hamburger had a big homburg in it. As for pizza, it really goes well with carbonated beverage. If I visit to NYC again, I’d like to eat a hotdog which is sold on the streets.